Each year Gladstone Park Primary School has students transitioning into a range of secondary schools within Victoria, but predominantly within the North Western Region of Melbourne.
At G.P.P.S we understand that transition into secondary school can sometimes be a confusing and difficult process and therefore we endeavour to make the move a smooth one.
In 2019, all of our year 6 students were placed into a Secondary School. Here is a list of the schools that they are now learning in:
- Gladstone Park Secondary College
- St. Helena Secondary College
- Hume Central Secondary College
- Craigieburn Secondary College
- Aitken College
- Hume Anglican College
- Pascoe Vale Girls Secondary College
Some secondary schools are heavily subscribed. These schools may need to use criteria for their enrolments. They may include living within a school’s boundary and/or if a sibling already is enrolled. Written proof, in the form of bills, drivers licence, passport etc, may be required.
If you have not yet made a decision about which secondary school you would like to send you child to, it is recommended that you phone schools you may be interested in and visit to discuss the curriculum with the Year 7 coordinators.
Hints for a successful transition:
- Research your school options to see if they have all the facilities and programs that are important to you. Attend information nights and open days.
- Talk to other parents in the community to understand further about the schools you are wishing to apply for.
- Have your forms back as soon as possible.
- If you are unsure that you live within the boundaries of the secondary school please contact the secondary school.
- If the school asks for further details about your address, ensure you are prepared with the required information and present it to them as soon as possible.
- Prepare well in advance to enable for a smoother transition.